Bardhaman also called Burdwan, or Barddhaman - a major communications centre located on the banks of the Damodar River, the town of Bardhaman is the district headquarters. It was named after the 24th Jain monk, Tirthankar Mahavir Bardhaman. During the Mughal rule, its name used to be Sharifabad.
In the 17th-18th century, Krishnaram Ray, belonging to a merchant family from Punjab, established the zamindari of Bardhaman on a farman issued by the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. The Rays went on to rule Bardhaman till 1955.
Various relics of Stone Age have been found in this district, and they are similar to the finds of the stone weapons and other relics discovered in Singhbhum, Purulia, Dhanbad and Bankura districts. This will suggest that portions of
Scale of Pay as per ROPA90Details
Pay of ROPADetails
Carrer Advancement SchemeDetails
Extension of Benefit Family Pension of Unmarried DaughterDetails
Fixation of PayDetails
Revised Scale of PayDetails
Rural Local Governance in West BengalDetails
West Bengal Service RulesDetails
Construction of the Road from Masundi mo
Maintenance of the various works under P
Construction of road from Billagrarn G.P
Construction of Link road from PWD Road